[Thunar-dev] how to disable thumbnails

hernux hernux at etherac.com.ar
Thu Jan 12 19:41:35 CET 2006

Hi,

is there any way to disable the auto generation of thumbnails for movies?
I think that a thumbnail for a movie is very useless, specially if the
program takes the first frame, as it's always a blank screen or a
picture that doesn't identify the movie itself, so, thumnails are all
the same, and it takes too much time to create them.  When I open a
folder with ten or more movies, it takes several minutes to it, to
create the thumbs.. during that time, the screen reloads every while,
and I can't even rename a file, as it exits edit mode before reloading
the screen.

any way, is there a way to disable this option? or where can I change
the list of file types / mime types that thunar is generating thumbs (I
mean, if its handcoded).

Thanx,
Hernux