[Thunar-dev] The new permission UI

Stefan Stuhr thunardevlist at sstuhr.dk
Sun Jan 8 23:46:37 CET 2006

søn, 08 01 2006 kl. 23:33 +0100, skrev Benedikt Meurer:
> There's a preference for that ("misc-recursive-permissions"), which
> can
> be either "ask" (in which case the user will be asked everytime
> whether
> to apply folder permissions recursively), "always" and "never". The
> default is "ask", so the first time you change permissions of a
> folder,
> you'll definitely be asked what to do, and so it's again up to the
> user
> to mess it up (you can always reset your choice using the preferences
> dialog).

That's fine, though I think it lacks a way to set recursive permissions
separately for files and directories. I don't think there should be a
"Do _not ask me again" check box in the question dialog, it makes it too
easy for not so advanced users to mess it up. I think it's best if that
option only is in the Preferences dialog.

> Benedikt

Stefan