[Thunar-dev] The new permission UI

Stefan Stuhr thunardevlist at sstuhr.dk
Wed Jan 4 22:51:17 CET 2006

ons, 04 01 2006 kl. 21:41 +0100, skrev Benedikt Meurer:
> You mean like http://blogs.gnome.org/view/cneumair/2005/12/28/0 ?

There is something missing from that example - hov do I set advanced
permissions for a directory, without doing it recursively?

See my Glade mockup for how I think it should be:
http://www.sstuhr.dk/permission-mockup.png

Maybe there should be some information text, and some way to set GID,
UID and sticky recursively.

The "List folder contents" texts in the tree should of course
automatically change to "Execute" when people set "Apply for" to
"Files". I don't know what it should change to, when people set "Apply
for" to "Both" (maybe "Whole Contents" like in [1] is better than
"Both").

I think that my mockup will still work when and if ACL support gets
implemented.

[1]: http://blogs.gnome.org/view/cneumair/2005/12/26/0

> Benedikt

Stefan