[Thunar-dev] Toggle for sidebar

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Sun Feb 19 00:28:41 CET 2006

Doug Whiteley wrote:
>>> How about a key to toggle the side shortcut bar on/off?
>>
>> Personally, I don't think this is something you have to do very
>> often. Normally, you'd just stick with a file manager layout you
>> like and don't need to change it every two seconds. So I think a
>> keyboard shortcut for this would be wasted effort.
>
> Well, I personally like to use Thunar with no side shortcut panel
> normally, so it  would be nice to have a way to access my shortcuts
> without having to show the shortcut bar all the time. A keyboard
> shortcut for this would be a fairly easy solution I think.

The basic problem is that this is not a Yes/No option (that's why its a
radio menu item). You can either have (a) the shortcuts pane, (b) the
tree view pane (once finished) or (c) no side pane at all.

So this would require 3 keyboard shortcuts, one for each option (and
probably more in the future). What keyboard shortcuts would you suggest?