[Thunar-dev] thunar icons, and make-thunarx-alias.pl errors

Alexandre Saavedra trincamckee at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 18:30:16 CET 2006

Benedikt Meurer wrote:
 > Make sure to install hal-storage devel package and D-BUS devel package
> (check configure output "Checking for volume manager... hal").
> Afterwards you need the D-BUS system message bus running and hald
> (depending on your distribution, this is just /etc/init.d/dbus start).

I installed the devel packges (libdbus-1-dev, libdbus-glib-1-dev,
libhal-storage-dev) but dind't work, the configure output gave me
this:

* D-BUS support:        yes
* File System Monitor:  none
* GNOME Thumbnailers:   no
* Startup Notification: no
* Volume Manager:       none

Then i tried to install some libs that Mikko said (libgamin-dev,
libhal-dev), and went well...

* D-BUS support:        yes
* File System Monitor:  Gamin
* GNOME Thumbnailers:   no
* Startup Notification: no
* Volume Manager:       hal

Now i can mount, unmount, and so on... Still i have a doubt, does
thunar need this five libs that i installed, or i could remove some of
this?