[Thunar-dev] thunar icons, and make-thunarx-alias.pl errors

Mikko Linnalo mlinnalo at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 17:18:16 CET 2006

On Mon, 2006-02-13 at 22:48 +0100, Benedikt Meurer wrote:
> You need HAL 0.5.x (esp. the -dev package for libhal-storage). I suggest
> to svn up again, as I committed some fixes. If compiled with HAL support
> and hald is running properly, your removable volumes will appear in the
> shortcuts pane, i.e.
>
> http://xfce.org/~benny/tmp/thunar-hal.png
>
> > Yo'av.
>
> Benedikt

Excuse my newbie guestion(s), but can somebody lay some light on how to
do this? I have no idea how to compile thunar with HAL support, and I
don't have a clue is my hald running properly or not. I still like to
contribute by using and testing the latest builds. I'm just doing a
check out from SVN and compiling everything as is (sh autogen.sh -->
make -- make install)

I'm using both Xfce and Thunar from SVN, automount isn't working even
with Nautilus (while I'm in Xfce). When I switch to Gnome, Nautilus
automounting works but Thunar does nothing. While in Xfce, I checked
that hald is running and hal-device-manager notices when I insert/eject
my cd-rom. Still I think that my hald is not running "properly", just
don't know what properly means :(

hal version is 0.5.3 and I have libhal1, libhal-storage-1 and
libhal-storage-dev installed. Ubuntu breezy on x86

-Mikko Linnalo