[Thunar-dev] thunar.xfce.org and IE / IE7

Jari Rahkonen jari.rahkonen at pp1.inet.fi
Mon Feb 13 09:28:50 CET 2006

Brian wrote:
> I booted into XP the other day to try out Internet Explorer 7. Here's
> the results:
> http://members.cox.net/brian-schott/ie_still_sucks.PNG
> Exactly the same thing that IE6 did. Is this a good thing, a bad thing,
> or just funny?
> I have a feeling that the file extension is throwing it off, but the
> bigger question is whether or not we care.

Could it be that IE relies entirely on server provided mime information?
I guess that would be acceptable even if FF has additional magic to back
this up. I wouldn't be surprised though if the server already provides
correct mime information but IE botches it up.

IE might also choke on the multiple content type declarations in the
page header, but I rather doubt it. Anyway, it wouldn't do any harm to
use .xml or .html as the extension (and/or remove the extra content type
declaration). Not that I personally care about IE or even see myself
using it in the foreseeable future.

> Brian Schott

- Jari