[Thunar-dev] File Permissions dialog

Harold Aling h.aling at home.nl
Sun Dec 24 13:35:11 CET 2006

>> It might also be cool to see all users/groups with their associated
>> rights for that file/folder.
>>
>> "User 'Harold' can delete, modify and write to this folder"
>> "Group 'Users' can modify this folder"
>> etc...
>>
> It already does that doesn't it?  In the Permissions tab:
>
> Owner: user_name
> Access: Read & Write
>
> Group: users
> Access: None
>
> Others: None

But then the other way around... For example, I am Harold and the owner
of FolderA. If I'd like to know which rights John has on this folder, I
now have to find out which group he is a member of and what rights are
assigned to that group.

...but since there can only be one group assigned to one folder (I want
extended file attributes!), this is indeed not needed...

Maybe omething for the future...

Cheers!