[Thunar-dev] Enhancement with trash

Bob Snyder bob.snyder at cox.net
Fri Dec 8 05:35:38 CET 2006

Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
> Well, I think the bike-shed should be blue! [1]
>
> Seriously, it's a GUI.  The idea of a GUI is to make things easier
> on the user, not to complicate the interface with confusing options.
>  That's not saying configurability isn't good, but requiring a
> preference because hitting shift+del is too much extra work for you
> over just del is pretty silly.  (Though, Thunar's accelerators might
> be customisable already, so...)
>
> If you want to be a power user and delete things like crazy, open a
> terminal window.
>
> Maybe I like red better, though...
>
> 	-brian

Your point is well taken, but saying shift+del is just as easy is a bit
misleading. There is no shift+del option in the edit menu, nor is there
one in the right click context menu. One is forced to use the keyboard
to perform a delete.

Yes, the idea of the gui is to make things easier on the user. One way
it does that is to allow many actions to be performed with the mouse.

You can paint the bike-shed chartreuse if you like. This isn't a
make-or-break issue, just my opinion.

Bob S.