[Thunar-dev] Network access in thunar?

Ori Bernstein rand_chars at rogers.com
Sat Aug 12 21:38:43 CEST 2006

On Sat, 12 Aug 2006 19:52:36 +0200, "David Tenser" <djst.mozilla at gmail.com>
said:

> If Xfce could somehow automatically mount network shares as you browse
> through them, that would of course work. I'm more interested in the
> usability aspect than the technical details.

That is precisely what I'm suggesting. The interface I'd like to see is
something like Windows' "Network Neighborhood", where you get a list of
mountable shares (and I suppose a text entry for non-queryable servers like
SSH or FTP), and double-clicking on the server, or typing it's address in the
entry, mounts it over FUSE, similar to the way CDs are currently mounted
through HAL and it's mount helper. Perhaps even having an "protocol mount
directory" would be a good idea: "cd /mnt/ftp/username:password at server.org"
would transparently mount the server. But I don't know if this is possible with
FUSE currently.