[Thunar-dev] Open in terminal

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Wed Apr 26 20:04:42 CEST 2006

LaPeq FCI wrote:
> Yes, i understood what you said but that's not the problem, I mean,
> can't thunar make applications run in terminal just like xfrun4 ?
> Something like checkbox in the "use a custom command" that would make
> that command
> run on a terminal.
>
> I'm using this on every program that needs to be opened in a terminal :
> xterm -e COMMAND

In practice, the "use custom command" shouldn't be used very often today
as modern applications are expected to install .desktop files, this is
just a fallback for legacy apps w/o .desktop files. Using "Terminal -e
COMMAND" or "xterm -e COMMAND" should be fine for those cases IMHO.
Atleast I would like to avoid adding even more widgets to the "Open
With" dialog.

BTW: The "use custom command" option just installs an automatically
generated .desktop to ~/.local/share/applications.