[Thunar-dev] Create folder

Jannis Pohlmann info at sten-net.de
Thu Apr 6 13:47:20 CEST 2006

On Thu, 06 Apr 2006 13:18:56 +0200
Björn Martensen <bjoern.martensen at gmail.com> wrote:

> ligu wrote:
> > Hi
> > A small suggestion...
> >
> > The ability to create a new folder by "right click -> create
> > folder" when "view as detailed list" is selected.
> > This works when there is few items in the directory but not when
> > the item count is so large that the scroll list is visible.
> Yeah, that's pretty annoying sometimes. You have to use ctrl+shift+n
> or use the menu to create the new folder.
> It's because benny wants the options in the context menu to be only
> for the selected item.

Which is quite understandable due to the way GtkTreeView works. On
Windows, you just select the labels of files in the details view, but
in Gtk, you always select the whole row and you can't click anywhere
else if there are a lot of rows.

One idea would be to add this feature to the context menu of the
pathbar buttons. This is the only place where it makes sense, I think.

- Jannis