[Thunar-dev] Fwd: Gnome is trying to decrease memory usage.

Jeff Franks jcfranks at tpg.com.au
Fri Sep 30 19:03:36 CEST 2005

Xiong Jiang wrote:

> It's just my personal preference. :)  Some people like GTK more while
> some like QT more. Whichever they like, they always can express their
> preference. It's not about the business to _evaluate_ the toolkit.
>
> IMHO C++ _is_ a little profounded (or in my awkard English, bloated)
> in features as a language. That's why Java and C# are created and
> become popular.
>
> Again, this is just MHO. Please do not take it as "bussiness of
> evaluating C++".
>
> Have fun,

What C++ programming experience do you base you 'bloated' opinion on? I
ask because it's funny how programmers who don't use C++, or have never
taken the time to learn, keep calling it bloated. The key to
understanding C++ is simple. It is the programmer using the C++ language
that is the problem not the C++ language itself.

Jeff.