[Thunar-dev] Thunar rather than later... it's a website!

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Tue Sep 20 18:24:21 CEST 2005

Jeff Franks wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been working hard for the past three weeks on my proposal for the
> Thunar web site. Rather than risk the discussion becoming an off topic I
> collaborated with Jannis Pohlmann off-list to nut out the technical
> XHMTL/CSS details, to ensure the website would be standards compliant.
> Achieving compliance and a great looking design was hard... because I
> had to think outside the box. I'm happy with the result though and
> hopefully you will be too.
>
> So here is the website:
>
> http://xfc.xfce.org/tmp/thunar-web
>
> and here is the web page template and CSS file if your interested:
>
> http://xfc.xfce.org/tmp/thunar-web/template.xhtml
> http://xfc.xfce.org/tmp/thunar-web/styles/thunar-blue.css.

I know I'm a bit late, sorry. First of all, thanks for the great work.
There are a few minor points to note:

1) there seems to be a small buglet with the rendering in firefox:
http://www.xfce.org/~benny/tmp/webrenderbug.png

2) the sidepane should be smaller, probably using smaller fonts.

3) the toppane should probably contain only "Home", "Screenshots" and
"Downloads" so it doesn't wrap for not-so-large window sizes.

And I agree with botsie: We should just upload this one (actually move
it from one folder to another folder :-) and tweak it as we go along.
Auke, can you give write permissions to Jeff for /var/www/thunar.xfce.org?