[Thunar-dev] Fwd: Thunar rather than later... it's a website!

Jannis Pohlmann info at sten-net.de
Tue Sep 20 11:53:35 CEST 2005

Biju Chacko schrieb:
> Jannis Pohlmann wrote:
>
>>So, what are small fonts? We should leave this decision to the user. 1em
>>is the font size of the user's choice. If you gow below this you ignore
>>his sake and this is plainly arrogant (remember: we are trying to please
>>users). Also, you shouldn't go above 1em for continuous text (like text
>>paragraphs, listings and such) since that makes up the main part of a
>>website.
>

> IIRC, aren't there relative size specifications like 'large', 'small',
> 'x-small' etc? I don't do much HTML so I may be wrong.

Sure, there are. But honestly, would you choose x-small for the main
part of a website? It may look good for you but unreadable for others as
those items depend on the user's default font size. If a user has 9 pt
as default, x-small would be below that, AFAIK.

> IAC, I don't think it's important. It's more impt to have the website
> live ASAP.

With the current draft fixed for IE we have a good fundament, I think.

Regards,
Jannis