[Thunar-dev] GConf? [WAS Re: Problems building new Thunar snapshot]

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Sat Nov 12 14:09:51 CET 2005

Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> I'm from the debian pkg-xfce team. I had the project to start packaging
> thunar before the official release, but some things delayed me. Thunar
> depends on libexo >= 0.3.1, and there is no release at the moment.

There are libexo snapshots available as .deb's (of course, since they're
required for the thunar .deb's :-). I plan to make a 0.3.1.1 alpha
release, hopefully by the end of this month (but don't hold your breath
for it).

> And
> to build libexo > 0.3.1 we need xfce-dev-tools, and there is not release
>  either.

Ehm, there's the 4.3.0 release:

http://www.foo-projects.org/~benny/projects/xfce4-dev-tools/index.html#stable-releases

> So we would have to package 3 svn packages before providing
> thunar, and I don't know if it's a good idea. For the moment we are
> focusing on uploading 4.2.3.1 to unstable, but then, i'd be happy to
> participate in thunar packaging.

There'll also be a 0.2.0 thunar alpha release soon (hopefully).

> For debian, we packages for unstable, but as soon as the packages hit
> testing, I rebuild packages for stable.

Well, there's the major problem. The packages will went into
experimental first, then to unstable and after some more time to
testing. This excludes the most interesting group of testers (the Debian
testing users and users of most Debian-derived distros) for the binary
packages. It'd therefore be nice if you could provide packages built on
Debian/testing (a slightly out-dated testing works best from our
experience).