[Thunar-dev] GConf? [WAS Re: Problems building new Thunar snapshot]

Yves-Alexis Perez corsac at corsac.net
Sat Nov 12 12:33:02 CET 2005

Benedikt Meurer wrote:

> I planned to upload new debs of libexo and thunar within the next week.
> It'd be nice if you could build the packages; I can upload them. But the
> packages should be build on Debian/testing, so they continue to work on
> other Debian derived distributions.

Hey Benny,
I'm from the debian pkg-xfce team. I had the project to start packaging
thunar before the official release, but some things delayed me. Thunar
depends on libexo >= 0.3.1, and there is no release at the moment. And
to build libexo > 0.3.1 we need xfce-dev-tools, and there is not release
 either. So we would have to package 3 svn packages before providing
thunar, and I don't know if it's a good idea. For the moment we are
focusing on uploading 4.2.3.1 to unstable, but then, i'd be happy to
participate in thunar packaging.

For debian, we packages for unstable, but as soon as the packages hit
testing, I rebuild packages for stable.

--
Yves-Alexis Perez
http://www.corsac.net