[Thunar-dev] GConf? [WAS Re: Problems building new Thunar snapshot]

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Sat Nov 12 10:08:06 CET 2005

On Fri, 2005-11-11 at 16:17 -0800, Auke Kok wrote:
> yes DUH, a packager needs to think for himself too, and read the docs
> and the release notes. This is hardly an issue of defaults - more one of
> documentation.

All this is nice, and I understand that the feature is neat and useful,
etc. but I can't imagine that a component part of Xfce would depend on
GNOME by default.

Frankly, if you drag GNOME by default as a dependency, then we'd better
use nautilus as a file manager, so we get a full featured, stable,
proven file manager...

Would you imagine Konqueror depending on GConf by default?

Cheers,
Olivier.