[Thunar-dev] Seeking for a french translator ?

Landry Breuil landry at fr.homeunix.org
Mon Nov 7 17:40:55 CET 2005

Hello everyone !

I'm a french user of Thunar, and i follow its development (check svn and
recompile, suscribe to thunar-dev) as regularly as possible.... i'd like
to contribute for the french translation. I have already used gettext()
and such functions in a perl program developped by myself, and i'm
familiar with the use of .mo/.po files.(msgid/msgstr/etc...)

Questions :
- do you *need* a french translator for Thunar, or more globally for all
xfce parts ?
- do i have to suscribe to xfce-i18n ?
- what is the simplest way to contribute ? Grabbin' a .po, modify the
strings with french text/translation, and put it on a download space on
the net, in order to add it to the svn tree ? Directly askin' for an svn
account ?
- how do i know some new strings are added to the sources/.po, and need
to be "synchronized"/translated ? Just daily checkout of svn ?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Landry Breuil
http://fr.homeunix.org