[Thunar-dev] Name suggestion

Aurélien Tabard tabard at poleia.lip6.fr
Tue Mar 29 12:38:51 CEST 2005

Hello everybody,

Forgive my english, it's been a while since I last wrote something in this
language. If you don't understand something i'm here to explain.

I think Skipper is quite a good name, there is a reference to the sea and
the navigation. But a skipper is also supposed to know how to sail you
trust him.

Reading the definition : http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=skipper

it appears clearly as :
- "navigational" -> 1. Nautical. The master of a ship.
- "helpfull" -> A coach, director, or other leader.

Also it seems to been a quite "international" word (at least it's used in
French).

The negative point might be : 1. a student who fails to attend classes.

That's it for the name suggestion.

On a totally other subject, I'm a student in computer science in Paris
(A.I. and Computer-Human Interaction). I'll begin soon an internship at
the Institut Pasteur on improving Mozilla/SeaMonkey/Firefox usability for
biologists.

I'd like to know if you think a usability study of thunar or even xfce
would be usefull and listened to.

Aurélien.