[Thunar-dev] Thunar Architecture (relations)

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Mon Mar 28 09:58:57 CEST 2005

Biju Chacko wrote:
>> Hm, personally I agree with botsie's earlier posts, that we should not
>> put special flags (like sticky, suid, sgid, xattrs, ...) into the UI,
>> as 99.99% of all users will never want to touch it, and in case you
>> really need to change such a bit, these users will know how to do it
>> from the terminal.
>
> Actually, I said that they should not be displayed by default. An
> "Advanced Properties" Tab or Dialog may be appropriate for this.

Sorry, my memory is leaking. ;-)

But as usual, I'm still open for suggestions on the file properties
dialog UI (which dictates what we need for the backend classes):

http://thunar.xfce.org/wiki/ui:file-properties-dialog

Personally, I kinda like the idea in Aqua's Finder to integrate the
user/group owner selection with the user/group permissions.

> -- b

greets,