[Thunar-dev] Rox-like features

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Mon Mar 28 09:42:10 CEST 2005

Brian wrote:
> I think it's not very likely that that feature will be included. Thunar
> is trying to be user-friendly and many people are not very accurate with
> a mouse. They'd double click on the background while trying to open a
> folder. It takes a second or two for most people to re-orient themselves
> when a window resizes seemingly on its own.

I fully agree. This option is one of the most confusing things in ROX,
and it's even worse that Thomas made it the default. Windows that resize
by themselves are very bad practice.

Maybe if we have too much time in the end and a lot of people request
this feature, we could include a hidden option for this feature. But
it's on very low priority for now.

> Brian Schott.

greets,