[Thunar-dev] Rox-like features

Brian brian-schott at cox.net
Sat Mar 26 17:22:36 CET 2005

Emil Jacobs wrote:

>Second the feature request
>It would be very nice to have this as an option!
>Cheers
>
>Emil
>

>On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 21:08:55 -0700, Ron Pace <rpace33 at cox.net> wrote:
>

>>Judging from the website and this mailing list, it seems the Rox filer
>>is one of the models for Thunar.
>>
>>There is a feature in Rox that I enjoy, and I was wondering of they
>>would be included in Thunar.
>>When you open a folder in Rox, you can double-click on the background
>>and the window will resize itself to show all of the icons in the
>>folder.  Or, you can configure Rox to do this automatically when opening
>>a new window.
>>
>>Does anyone know if this feature is in the works?  It sounds trivial,
>>but it sure is convenient.
>>
>> -- Ron

I think it's not very likely that that feature will be included. Thunar
is trying to be user-friendly and many people are not very accurate with
a mouse. They'd double click on the background while trying to open a
folder. It takes a second or two for most people to re-orient themselves
when a window resizes seemingly on its own.

(Yes, I'm posting on the mailing list again. Was distracted for a while
by a little project:
http://forum.xfce.org/viewtopic.php?p=7066#7066)

Brian Schott.