[Thunar-dev] Thunar Architecture (relations)

Erik Harrison erikharrison at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 22:50:54 CEST 2005

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 23:15:07 +0100, Benedikt Meurer <benny at xfce.org> wrote:
> So, this evening, I tried to summarize the basic relations in Thunar's
> architecture, with a focus on the backend classes, esp. the
> ThunarFileInfo and ThunarMimeInfo classes.
>
> http://www.xfce.org/~benny/tmp/thunar-relations-20050325.png
>
> I'm not yet sure about the MIME application handling, as there was some
> movement with MIME actions recently and I haven't had time to see to the
> details.
>
> But for the other backend stuff, this is the rough direction. It'd be
> nice if others could comment on this and maybe point out relations I've
> missed.

Is this UML? I'm not real familiar with the format . . .

All in all, I think it looks good, as best as I can read it. The only
detail I'd add would be increading the amount of info available via
ThunarFileInfo. I'd like to see support for extended attributes in,
say, an additional tab in the interface. You could consider splitting
up file info into that specifed by the user (permissions, extended
attributes), and those inherent to the object (like atime, mime type,
size).

For those of us playing at home, could you maybe clarify the diagram a bit?

> greets,
> Benedikt

CAPS LOCK: ITS LIKE THE CRUISE CONTROL FOR AWESOME
-Erik