[Thunar-dev] Compression in thunar

Foxtrot simsalabimladen at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 22:47:09 CET 2005

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 18:35:06 +0100, Benedikt Meurer
<benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de> wrote:
> Nick Schermer wrote:
> > Will there be a compression menu for quickly creating tar.bz2 etc. in
> > thunar (like xffm but maybe cascaded for preventing big menu's when
> > the filenames are long)?
>
> Maybe through the Actions menu.

Does this discussion include decompression? I don't think
decompression is a feature that Thunar should be without, as it's
necessary for installing tar.gz packages. You could obviously use the
terminal, but then what's the point of a file manager?

Compression is something I can personally live without. I don't see
how any non-techie would have a need for this.

--
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of
people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad move."