[Thunar-dev] folder view

Jari Rahkonen jari.rahkonen at pp1.inet.fi
Tue Mar 22 08:49:57 CET 2005

Jeff Franks wrote:

> Wouter van Wijk wrote:
>
>> For ideas on file management, maybe take a look at www.folderview.com
>> It's a small utility I created for that-other-not-to-be-named-os and
>> has many happy users. They especially like the 'favorite
>> folders'-concept and the context-copy/move function. Others are
>> hooked to the system tray icon and open/save integration.
>>

> Folder View appears to be just a menu representation of the file
> system accessible from different locations. Similiar functionality is
> already available in KDE but not Xfce.
>
> Jeff.

Isn't the important part of this functionality covered by the
bookmarks sidebar, at least if it allows drag and drop?
Personally I'm not very interested in the tray icon thingy.
It's not that much harder to start thunar and click on a
bookmark. Or you could create a submenu of launchers in the
panel to open thunar in the folders you use most often. How
about a panel plugin that provides these launchers based on
thunar bookmarks?

- Jari