[Thunar-dev] Location Bar ala Firefox

Biju Chacko botsie at xfce.org
Mon Mar 21 07:31:57 CET 2005

Benedikt Meurer wrote:
> Don't get me wrong, I think it's a cool feature, but the cool-factor is
> less important than the usability-factor. So atleast the issues
> mentioned about needs to be addressed first.

The docked location dialog makes more sense for firefox, since it allows
incremental search results to displayed. This doesn't really make sense
for a file manager, unless we're going to have incremental display of
the path -- which is rather confusing.

I hate to say it, but despite the coolness factor I think the docked
location dialog is less usable than a simple dialog.

-- b