[Thunar-dev] Location Bar ala Firefox

Emil Jacobs q.collective at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 01:30:22 CET 2005

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 03:07:12 +0000, Jeff Franks <jcfranks at tpg.com.au> wrote:
> These days GUI design needs to be mindful of accessability. Some
> disabled people are unable to use standard keyboards and therefore can't
> necessarily use keyboard shortcuts. Also keyboard shortcuts are not
> intiutive, they have to be learned. It often takes new users a while to
> do this. Surely its reasonable to expect an application's functionality
> to be easily accessible with a mouse as with a keyboard.
That is a good point, which brings me to another minor detail about
the locationbar.
Why not have a visible button for the locationbar? Not all people find
it 'logical' to press ctrl-l or go through a menu to get there and
disabled people would benefit from it.
This brings me to the toolbar, an idea that was earlier on declared
that to avoid 'clutter' in the UI.
Why not have a user-costumizeble toolbar that is disabled by default?
The user could create the toolbar as the need arises and add or drop
buttons like the locationbar.
Weird idea? Please some thoughts on this.
Cheers

Emil