[Thunar-dev] Location Bar ala Firefox

Brian brian-schott at cox.net
Thu Mar 17 19:31:50 CET 2005

Brian wrote:

> Screenshot here:
>    http://members.cox.net/brian-schott/LocationBarWithCloseButton.png
>
> I personally don't care if it's there, but I know that there will be
> some people who trigger the find bar accidentally and think "What's
> this? I don't want this here. How do I get rid of it?".

On second thought. Let's not do that. :-)

http://members.cox.net/brian-schott/LocationBarWithCloseButton2.png

This way it doesn't look like the button closes the whole window.

starting from line 195:
        self.location_bar.hide()

        close_button = gtk.Button()
        close_button.set_relief(gtk.RELIEF_NONE)
        close_button.set_border_width(0)
        close_button.set_focus_on_click(False)
        self.location_bar.pack_start(close_button, False, False, 0)
        close_button.show()

        close_image = gtk.image_new_from_stock(gtk.STOCK_CLOSE,
gtk.ICON_SIZE_BUTTON)
        close_button.add(close_image)
        close_image.show()
        close_button.connect('clicked', lambda btn:
self._location_bar_focus_out())