[Thunar-dev] Location Bar ala Firefox

Brian brian-schott at cox.net
Thu Mar 17 17:52:00 CET 2005

Benedikt Meurer wrote:

> I'm not yet happy with the "Go" button, tho. And:
>
>  - The spacing could be better *IMHO*
>  - There's no obvious - visible! - way to get right of the location
> bar, like the close button in firefox. Now the question is: do we need
> a close button or is the hide on focus-out all we need?
>
> Benedikt

Just because I was curious, I added some code around line 225 of
ThunarWindow.py to see what it would look like.

        close_button = gtk.Button()
        close_button.set_relief(gtk.RELIEF_NONE)
        close_button.set_border_width(0)
        close_button.set_focus_on_click(False)
        self.location_bar.pack_start(close_button, False, False, 0)
        close_button.show()

        cbbox = gtk.HBox(False, 0)
        cbbox.set_border_width(0)
        close_button.add(cbbox)
        cbbox.show()

        close_image = gtk.image_new_from_stock(gtk.STOCK_CLOSE,
gtk.ICON_SIZE_BUTTON)
        cbbox.pack_start(close_image, False, False, 2)
        close_image.show()
        close_button.connect('clicked', lambda btn:
self._location_bar_focus_out())

Screenshot here:
    http://members.cox.net/brian-schott/LocationBarWithCloseButton.png

I personally don't care if it's there, but I know that there will be
some people who trigger the find bar accidentally and think "What's
this? I don't want this here. How do I get rid of it?".