[Thunar-dev] Classic UI

Brian brian-schott at cox.net
Wed Mar 16 14:35:11 CET 2005

Benedikt Meurer wrote:

> So can we agree that we'll focus on the path bar approach with the
> Open Location dialog for people that want to enter URIs directly, and
> drop the location bar approach for now (we can add a separate location
> bar layout later if it's really necessary)?

What exactly are you talking about with a "Open Location Dialog"?

A) http://members.cox.net/brian-schott/Rox-Like-Find.png
    Search that pops up at the bottom like Firefox or Rox. (Find bar)

B) http://members.cox.net/brian-schott/SeperateDialog.png
    Search that has its own window. (This is the way the mockup is
currently written)

I like A for the same reason I don't like spatial file managers. More
windows to deal with and it gets a bit distracting. (I haven't written
any code for those, Just messed around with the gimp)

Let me know that you think.