[Thunar-dev] Classic UI

Robert Kurowski koorek at o2.pl
Thu Mar 17 17:20:09 CET 2005

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 04:32:30 +0000
Brian <brian-schott at cox.net> wrote:

> So you're suggesting something like what Rox uses? With Rox's find
> feature, it shows the full current path and lets you type in file or
> directory names. It also allows you to go to parent directories by
> backspacing. My thoughts have been influenced by Rox quit a bit in
this
> regard because it's the file manager I've found to be the fastest for
> navigating. Because it's already showing the full current path we
might
> as well just integrate this find feature with a location bar. In
> addition, the navigational features (going back and forward between
> directories) match the word "Location" very well.
>
> Then again, your idea makes a lot more sense than mine for someone
who'd
> be using the path bar. (My idea wouldn't even work without a location
> bar) If you can describe exactly how the user would use this find bar,

> that might be helpful.

Yes something more like rox, just to fast and easy finding and
navigation throuh keybinding. I've used rox for a while and this
feauture is good, but Location Bar IMO is not the best way to display
current path, Path Bar would be much better (drag and drop copy/move and
stuff). I think it's much better to set PathBar as default and Location
Bar could be made rox-way (or sth like that), visible only when I really
want ot find/navigate. Ohh, and ofcoure Location Bar should be at the bottom.

Robert 'koorek' Kurowski	Jabber:	koorek at pld-linux.org