[Thunar-dev] Classic UI

Brian brian-schott at cox.net
Wed Mar 16 05:32:30 CET 2005

Robert Kurowski wrote:

>Well I  mean this will be more specified in finding etc.

So you're suggesting something like what Rox uses? With Rox's find
feature, it shows the full current path and lets you type in file or
directory names. It also allows you to go to parent directories by
backspacing. My thoughts have been influenced by Rox quit a bit in this
regard because it's the file manager I've found to be the fastest for
navigating. Because it's already showing the full current path we might
as well just integrate this find feature with a location bar. In
addition, the navigational features (going back and forward between
directories) match the word "Location" very well.

Then again, your idea makes a lot more sense than mine for someone who'd
be using the path bar. (My idea wouldn't even work without a location
bar) If you can describe exactly how the user would use this find bar,
that might be helpful.