[Thunar-dev] Re:Interface Thoughts.

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Sat Mar 5 10:44:53 CET 2005

Hey Erik,

Erik Peterson wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Just found out about the project via the "xfce weekly update" and am
> interested in how it will pan out.  I went a browsing through the
> archive and found a thread dicussing the "NeXt" type file manager.  At
> work i use a mac and have fallen in love with the column view (NeXT
> like or so it appears anyway) in the finder. Eg clicking on a folder
> causes it contents to be dislayed to the right in a new column. It
> seems there was some discussion about this and i just thought i would
> add my vote as a end user for this type of file management.  It has
> provided far and away the easiest and cleanest way to browse the
> filesystem i have encountered and have been longing for a linux
> inplementation.

The interesting thing is that is has the functionality of the gtk
filechooser buttons built into the file window.

The downside is that it's very different from everyting else out there.
It would be nice if some good make a python mockup of this, just like
the current ones by Benedikt.

> Alas I am a chemist, with only a small amount of C programming skills,
> so i cannot offer any technical help or whip up some code.  I could
> probably whip up a mean "hello world" though.

That's no excuse ;-) You never learn unless you practice.

> Thank you all for your hard work, I really do appreciate it.

Thanks for participating ;-)

	Jasper