[Thunar-dev] Re:Interface Thoughts.

Erik Peterson erik.exists at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 04:53:35 CET 2005

Hello all,

Just found out about the project via the "xfce weekly update" and am
interested in how it will pan out.  I went a browsing through the
archive and found a thread dicussing the "NeXt" type file manager.  At
work i use a mac and have fallen in love with the column view (NeXT
like or so it appears anyway) in the finder. Eg clicking on a folder
causes it contents to be dislayed to the right in a new column. It
seems there was some discussion about this and i just thought i would
add my vote as a end user for this type of file management.  It has
provided far and away the easiest and cleanest way to browse the
filesystem i have encountered and have been longing for a linux
inplementation.  There was some discussion a while back by some of the
gnome developers to include this for nautilus but that idea for
whatever reason seems to have stalled. (near as i can tell, i stopped
following Gnome develoment after switching to XFCE.) I would be
overjoyed, a strong emotion considering I am writing an email about
file managment, if this were to be included in thunar.

Alas I am a chemist, with only a small amount of C programming skills,
so i cannot offer any technical help or whip up some code.  I could
probably whip up a mean "hello world" though.

Thank you all for your hard work, I really do appreciate it.

Erik Peterson.

(ps sorry for starting a new thread, I just joined and could not see
way to reply to previous post from the archive, if this is obvious my
apologies)