[Thunar-dev] Browser-like User Interface

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Tue Mar 1 19:19:29 CET 2005

Biju Chacko wrote:

> Benedikt Meurer wrote:
>
>> Patrick wrote:
>>
>>> I think it looks good! Question? Will the folder area (left pane) be
>>> hide able?
>>
>> View -> [ ] Sidepane ;-)
>
> I suggest that you do not call it "Sidepane" unless you are planning
> to show info other than the directory tree.
>
> Call it "Filesystem" or "Tree" or something a little more
> self-explanatory. "Sidepane" is a little unclear -- like "Book". :)

If we're going to include an option to view the bookmarks in the
"sidepane", which I think is a great idea, then this kind of wording
would be fine.  Though might I suggest using "Sidebar" instead?  That
seems to be the generally-accepted term, and "sidepane" doesn't really
sound right to me.

    -brian