[Thunar-dev] url handlers

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Thu Jun 30 18:17:29 CEST 2005

Wit Wilinski wrote:
> As for plugins for url handlers, it would be a magnificent idea to have a camera:// interface,
> a plugin based on libgphoto2. It would display thumbnails for photos in the camera's memory,
> allow for copying them to local hard drive and deleting from the camera.
>
> What do you think about such an idea?

As said earlier, I'm not sure whether the plugin manager will be ready
for Thunar 1.0. From the current infrastructure, it would be quite easy
to add a ThunarCameraFile/ThunarCameraFolder implementation (well, ok,
the ThunarVfsUri class is not flexible enough right now, but that will
be fixed soon), but the classes would need to be hardcoded into the binary.

Besides that, for this kind of stuff, dedicated applications are better
suited. I'm not a big fan of the "let's put everything into the file
manager" idea.