[Thunar-dev] whish list

Jaap Karssenberg j.g.karssenberg at student.utwente.nl
Thu Jun 30 11:21:07 CEST 2005

On Wed, June 29, 2005 21:33, Benedikt Meurer said:
>> - samba support
>
> This will be provided by D-VFS, once finished (or maybe we'll add a
> Gnome-VFS based ThunarFolder/ThunarFile implementation at some time).

What about the following scenario: I'm browsing a samba share and I see a movie I want to play, my preferred application to open this mime-type is mplayer. I don't think I it should be necessary to download this file before I can play it, but feeding mplayer an vfs uri won't work.

Of course this can be solved with a plugin adding a "mount" button which runs a simple shell script redirecting me to a local directory showing the same samba share. But I feel that for the common user to use this kind of thing, it should be fixed "out of the box".

>> - a shelf

> We had that discussion already, and the result was that it doesn't fit
> with the bookmarks feature. Instead, one can write a simple panel plugin
> that does exactly this, and it's even independent of the file manager in
> use.

So that's a yes for plugins ? Oh my :)

-- Pardus