[Thunar-dev] Proposed preferences for Thunar

Erik Peterson erik.exists at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 07:32:33 CEST 2005

Hi all.

Excited that Thunar discussion has been on the  increase!

>Hm, just tried this feature with ROX and Konqueror: ROX pops up a new
>window some times or opens the new folder in place, need to check the
>source for the exact condition. Konqueror seems to always open the
>folder in place, tho, it doesn't seem to always do it, e.g. if I move
>the mouse with the dragged item over a folder in the tree pane, it
>sometimes opens that folder in the main view, but not always. Once the
>drop is done, ROX closes the window if it opened a new one, while
>Konqueror jumps back to the drag folder. Rather confusing. I expected it
>to stay at the drop folder because that's the place I wanted to operate.
>
>From a first sight, very confusing in both ROX and Konqueror. We'd need
>to come up with a sane way to do this, where you don't need to check the
>source to see how it's supposed to work, if we want this feature.

Just thought I would add that the behavior for the above on OS X is to
keep open and focused the new view/window.  From what I can tell the
same window is used if you try and move files around in the finder
itself but if you hover over a folder on the desktop a new window is
opened.  I have found this to be very satisfactory behavior.

--Erik