[Thunar-dev] Thumbnails

Rain Viigipuu rain.viigipuu at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 15:53:05 CEST 2005

2) Add a separate 'Thumbnail view'. I discovered this in Windows
Explorer recently.

Definitely this one is better. Actually I think Windows Explorer in
WinXP has done it really nice (for example - i have set the thumbnails
view to my wallpapers directory, and it remembers it. Everywhere else
i use details view as it shows me the file type, size, last modified
and other useful info what i need to manage with my files).

If the thumbnails are used as file icons (mime icons), then the icons
should be large to recognize what file it is(and still usually are
they too small to recognize what file it is). And then if i had a lot
of files in one direcotory - it would be really hard to manage with
them.

So i think, by default, it list/icon view, there should be mime icons
as they look better in small size and are faster. But it would be nice
to have a thumbnail view like win explorer has - so when i have a
directory full of pictures and i want take a quick look - so i can
change th e view. The thumbnails size is pretty good in windows - so i
think we could take it from there :)

Rain