[Thunar-dev] Thumbnails

Johannes Zellner webmaster at nebulon.de
Wed Jun 29 08:32:11 CEST 2005

Benedikt Meurer schrieb:

>Benedikt Meurer wrote:
>

>>2) Add a separate 'Thumbnail view'. I discovered this in Windows
>>Explorer recently.
>>

>In case somebody has no access to a winxp machine, I took two
>screenshots to demonstrate what I mean:
>
>http://www.xfce.org/~benny/tmp/explorer-filmstreifen-ansicht.png
>
>http://www.xfce.org/~benny/tmp/explorer-miniatur-ansicht.png
>
>Windows Explorer actually supports two different thumbnail related
>views, the first ('Filmstreifen', dunno the english term used by
>Microsoft) is probably not very well suited for a file manager, as this
>is more of a task for a dedicated image program like gqview. But the
>second looks pretty much like a good idea to me.
>
>Benedikt

Heyho

I'd like to have "Preview"/"Thumbnail" compromise.
I think it's very useful to have the Images in the Icon-View as little
Thumbnails, but only the Images, not Movies.
And have a modulized system, which can handle various view-models, like
a Image viewer (eg. like WindowsExplorer / i had something like that
with nautilus too) or a movie-player-view, a music-player-view ;),
probably a font-viewer.
So this heavey work is only loaded if the user use it, that keeps
Thunar-core small and fast and over the time more flexible.
Because i don't wanna open a completely new application like eog for
present my friends a image-gallery and I'll like have a fast and easy
way to listen only to one musicfile, than add this to a playlist or open
a new player.

Well this is a lot of work and I wouldn't know what to do. :-)

Just an Idea ;)

Bye
    Johannes