[Thunar-dev] Thunar-dev Digest, Vol 5, Issue 30

Peter hpklett at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 22 18:43:24 CEST 2005

>I thought about a computer:/// vfolder earlier already, which would be
>the root of all other roots (e.g. when you hit up in 'trash:///' or
>'file:///' you'd end up in 'computer:///'). The idea is to make the
>whole thing (and esp. the tree side pane) more logical, since you'd only
>have one root node, not several root nodes and would be able to navigate
>everywhere by just using the 'Up' button and the folder navigation of
>the view.

Right, that sounds like the perfect solution to me.  I'm a fairly recent
convert, but I also program and am sort of a power user (Gentoo, what
can I say).  I can still honestly say, despite it being a thing for
grandma to know where her letters are, that this would make me work more
efficiently; it does when I run SLAX (with Konqueror).  So why not?

>Concerning the panel thingy: Why a separate plugin? The launcher plugin
>can do this already.

Oh.  SICK!  I didn't know that!  Er, thank you!  Here's a thought
though: what about having the desktop be a drop box?  I suppose this
wouldn't work if we're putting icons on the desktop and would be more of
an xfdesktop addon/replacement, but what do you think of the idea?