[Thunar-dev] Newbie question

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Sun Jun 12 09:09:53 CEST 2005

Rodrigo Coacci wrote:
> Well I used some brute force and made xfce4-dev-tools work, but now exo
> won't autogen either.... It's also missing a macro, this time is
> AM_PATH_PYTHON...

Probably because you don't have python installed, or, if you're using a
binary package distro, some kind of python-dev package.

Unfortunately, occasionally the auto* tools will require that you have
certain dependencies installed, even if you don't intend to use them.
That's actually a crappy explanation, but I'm too tired to come up with
anything better.

> It also complains about copying some m4 files from
> aclocal dir to autoconf dir. Seems to me that there are some missing
> configuration and/or files in debian-unstable autoconf or even an weird
> incompatibility in configure.ac... Any ideas?

IIRC that's just a warning and is harmless (assuming you're getting the
message I think you're getting; pasting the output generally helps avoid
confusion).

	-brian