[Thunar-dev] Website

Henrik Andersen simsalabimladen at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 22:54:18 CEST 2005

On 6/6/05, Ticex <ticex at idgmail.se> wrote:
> Nick Schermer wrote:
>
> > I just made these. Consider them public domain. If you'd like it
> > resized/recolored/whatever just let me know.
> > The icon look a bit weird when they are small (<15px) and i think for
> > the thunar view
> > it's good to use the same icons as in the thunar screenshots.
> >
> > I've created 2 new mokups, just tell what you think.
> >
> > http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/nickschermer/
> >
> > Catch you on the flip side, Xerverius
> >

> i did like makeup 3 best.

Out of the three, I find number 3 the most visually appealing. Number
2 looks a bit too informative (geeky) to be used as a website for a
file manager branding itself as user-friendly, IMO. I'm actually not
sure, but I think no. 3's appeal is because of the Viking looking
better in that one than in no. 1.

I think if we're using number 3, we could experiment with making it
look like a GTK+ app, with the selected menu choice highlighted,
excessive use of icons, etc, as the design already mimics Thunar's UI
pretty closely.

And I'm sorry about not having done any designing. I'm still busy with school.