[Thunar-dev] [Usability] Proposed simplifications

Benedikt Meurer benny at xfce.org
Mon Jun 6 13:12:30 CEST 2005

Benedikt Meurer wrote:
>>a) The bookmarks-pane and the tree-pane perform two very distinct tasks;
>>the first provides a shortcut through the filesystem, the other
>>navigates trough the filesystem. With both being in the sidepane, they
>>exclude each other, which should not be the case. Moving the tree to the
>>filesview-pane (where we already have the location bar, also a
>>navigational component) solves that problem. The tree and the location
>>bar can exclude each other; they are both navigational components.
>
> Dunno. Xffm has that already. People who prefer tree navigation in the
> main view will most probably prefer Xffm anyways.

Hm, somehow I think, there's a difference between navigating the file
system and acting on the file system. Action happens in the main view,
navigation *can* happen in the main view, but it will most often happen
in the pure navigational components (favourites pane, tree pane,
location bar, location dialog/entry, ...).

Or do I miss a point here?

greets,

Xfce  --  small, stable, fast  --  http://www.xfce.org/

           (__)