[Thunar-dev] Website

Henrik Andersen simsalabimladen at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 19:07:06 CEST 2005

On 6/4/05, Nick Schermer <nickschermer at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've created this website in about 10 mins with dreamweaver and fireworks
>  and i this is important (for linux users) to create a website with a lot of
>  css, so the site is also readable in (for example) lynx. And yes this is
>  only a mokup and i hope more people give their ideas.

Does that mean that the graphics were taken from a clipboard or
template? I've never used Dreamweaver or Fireworks, but I think I
remember having seen those images before.

Naturally I will be making it as semantic, accessible and CSS-alized
as possible. I'll avoid funky stuff like hover effects, though, as
that tends to mess up IE. One of the main reasons I want to move the
menu in your mockup is for accessibility reasons.

As for ideas, I've stolen your slogan idea, and I'm hoping the rest of
thunar-dev will want to keep it.

>  For the PHP issue, i don't think it's very use full to use it, maybe only
>  for news or something. But it's always a lot of work to create a proper
>  admin system.

I wasn't intending to use PHP for the main site, except maybe for a
few includes to make the site easier to maintain.

> Of course, I'm assuming you won't keep that image of Thor that is the
>  third result on an image search for Thor. I know someone who could
>  possibly make a very nice logo out of Thor's hammer (or of Thor). I'm
>  not very good at graphics stuff myself, but I'm sure he would be happy
>  to help out.
>
>  That's great news (and yes the Thor image was the third google result :)).

He's agreed to make the image, but he says he'll take his time. :-)

>  Greets, Xerverius

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of
people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
-Douglas Adams