[Thunar-dev] Website

Henrik Andersen simsalabimladen at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 16:17:40 CEST 2005

On 6/4/05, Ticex <ticex at idgmail.se> wrote:
> Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
>
> >Nick Schermer wrote:
> >

> >>I think it's better to create a white background and black text.
> >>Something more like this:
> >>
> >>http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/nickschermer/
> >>
> >>And Benedikt, it's great to see you back on the Xfce project. Great job.
> >>
> >>Greets, Xerverius
> >>

> >Nice! I like it, FWLIW.
> >

> I think it was nice too! I have php/mysql skills, so l maby could help
> out whit the homepage..
> Sorry for my english!

I've always liked that kind of graphics ... The backgrounds and the
rounded off corners are very nice. There's room for improvement,
though, which there should be, considering it's a mockup. :-)

I'm not a fan of the menu. I'd much prefer a right-aligned menu, as
it's generally more accessible both on the page and in the markup. It
also makes the header look a bit wrong, as there is a bit space
underneath "..And File Management Goes Faster". I'm also not sure I
like the grey border around the blue header, but on the other hand, I
can't think of any way to improve it either.

Of course, I'm assuming you won't keep that image of Thor that is the
third result on an image search for Thor. I know someone who could
possibly make a very nice logo out of Thor's hammer (or of Thor). I'm
not very good at graphics stuff myself, but I'm sure he would be happy
to help out.

My biggest issue is the markup, though. You seem to have used a
WYSIWYG editor (Internet Explorer? The markup just says MSHTML), and
the code it generated wasn't very nice. It's trivial to convert it
into proper markup, though, and I can do that for you.

>From the general attitude towards this design, I'm guessing people
think it's more than good enough (it probably looks nicer than
anything I'll ever make). I can make an adaptation of this into
compliant XHTML/CSS and try to add/remove/change the stuff I mentioned
above and see how it turns out. :-)

If anyone else has any ideas/mockups/complete designs, please send them in!

PS: I haven't had much time for working on the storm design, but I can
get back to that. From what I've heard, I don't think there's a hurry
to get a website up.

--
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of
people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad move."