[Thunar-dev] Website

Foxtrot simsalabimladen at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 22:07:08 CEST 2005

Ok, I've started work on the website. Currently, all I have is a VERY
basic demo of the site with only an extremely basic variant of the
front page. Thunar = Thor, the Norse Mythology thundergod, I seem to
recall having heard, and so I've based the site on that. By the
header, there are clouds and raging thunder in the background, while
there is grass by the footer.

I'll upload it to a Freewebs server later (like in 50 mins or so),
just thought I'd open this topic for brainstorming on Thunar-dev. Is
there anything in particular people would like to have on the website?
I have heard that the devs want forums, although I think that's more
of an administrative task and not so much a design task. The current
subpages I have are Home, Screenshots, Contributing, and Status (none
of which I've actually made, I've just put up links for them).

I've also made a very rough/ugly sketch for a logo (Thor's hammer,
Mjoelner). I'm also thinking that I'll have some runes on the site to
suit the theme, as in the runes that the vikings used.

If it sounds like I'm overdesigning, please let me know. ;-) The ideas
I'm presenting now are by no means final.

The main challenge right now is to find out what to associate with
Thunar. Should it just be a plain, old site like the Tomboy site with
a white background and some images of the app, should it follow the
Xfce sites' style, or should we try to be more creative by playing on
the name/file manager themes?

--
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of
people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad move."