[Thunar-dev] next step in thunar development

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Fri Jun 3 20:08:19 CEST 2005

Benedikt Meurer wrote:
> Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
>
>>While I'm there, I might as well take a crack at ThunarVFSInfo and
>>ThunarVfsURI  (maybe change the former to ThunarVfsInfo for
>>consistency?).  I already wrote a GObject ThunarFileInfo, which can be
>>de-GObject-ified and made thread-safe.  Any gotchas there?
>
> I'm working on the ThunarVfs module already (actually that was the first
> thing I did). ThunarVfsInfo is mostly finished. You can send me the
> ThunarFileInfo, maybe there are some ideas, which we can pickup for the
> ThunarFile class.

It's probably not so useful now.  I was going off an earlier diagram, so
I basically just implemented what you now have in the diagram for
ThunarVfsInfo.  I just did some quick 15-minute stub code so I could
work on something higher-level while still writing to the proper
interface.  It also stat()s each file every time you try to get info
from it; there's no proper caching.  As I said, it's also not thread-safe.

I've attached it anyway, but it's probably easier just to write your own.

	-brian