[Thunar-dev] next step in thunar development

Fri Jun 3 19:58:25 CEST 2005

> My suggestion would be a web-based discussion forum, something like a
> wiki, where people can upload their images, texts, and discuss things
> (maybe a combination between a wiki and a forum). Does that fit your
> needs? Do you think a separate mailinglist will be required?

My feeling is a forum would be perfect. Many forum apps allow
inclusion of images and files. And I feel like a forum will be more
manageable than a list: A mailing list, if it gets high-volume, is
hard to keep up with, while a forum is categorized and so you can
focus in on areas that interest you. It also allows us to separate
tasks (version 1.0 review forum vs. version 2.0 feature ideas) and it
allows the team leader to manage specific threads and ultimately
summarize them to a separate Web page with "official" team
suggestions, review results, and specifications.

If the forum allows subscriptions and posting via email then people
who like to work through email can still do so.

--Dave